Audioslave review by Audioslave

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
Audioslave: Audioslave

Morello's guitar on this is awesome. He is the best guitarist in mainstream rock today (except for maybe Slash and Zakk Wyle). In any case he is by far the most original and inventive. The bands sound is great altogether, very tight and you can tell that Tom, Brad and Tim have worked together before. The music is very different to Rage, less hip hop and more hard rock, and it suits Chris very well. You won't hear Zach singing Audioslave anytime soon, or Chris singing Rage.

The lyrics are very inventive and a great change from a. Having a wierd crush, and b. whining about your girlfriend leaving you. I haven't heard any Soundgarden so I can't make many comparisons but Chris Cornell is the best vocallist around today, even though I disliked it at first.

If there is one weakness in this album, it is that some songs really suffer compared to others. Whilst there are no bad songs on here, some songs seem to be bad when compared to Cochise, Show Me How To Live and Gasoline in particular. That being said I like this album and hope to but the new one once I have various other higher up on the list.