Audioslave review by Audioslave

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
Audioslave: Audioslave

Seeing as RATM and Soundgarden were both great bands one would would have high hopes for an album for this type of super-group and would not be disappointed. Audioslave shows the versatility of Chris Cornell and the other RATM members to combine components of the music they play and make the sound that is audioslave. Slow songs such as "Getaway Car" and "I Am The Highway" mark the first and great slow song ever done by the members of Rage "Getaway Car" and "I Am The Highway" Audioslave is a must have for anyone into Cornell or alternative rock, because whats more alternative than a Tom Morello solo?

The lyrics are always good seeing as their from chris cornell, songs like "Show Me How To Live" and "Shadow On The Sun" show the always deep introspection that defined soundgraden. Although this is alot different than the political rants of Zack De La Rocha, these lyrics truly define the tone of a new band that is uncertain about their sound.

This is a great album a must have for Soundgarden or Rage fans, This album is something metalcore and rapcore fans would sit and listen to. If your not even a rage or SG fan you should get this, its like chocoltae, everybody likes it. In closing this album is so good, that I bought a second copy when I thought I had lost one, now I have two one, for my room and one for my car.