Audioslave review by Audioslave

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
Audioslave: Audioslave

I picked this album up without any prior knowledge of them being in their past bands, it was almost like in introduction. First off, the music is amazing. Chris Cornell's vocals are very unique and gives tons of life and emotion to each song. Brad, the drummer, does a good job for a drummer. Brad doesn't play super fast, he gives you more of an ass-kicking drum beats, mostly shown in the introduction of "Cochise." And of couse, Tim, the bassist, does a nice job playing along with Tom to create some serious riff-age. Speaking of Tom, his style is one of the most recognized today in music. His work on this album is very good, he brought everythigng but a great solo or two to the mix. Very good sound, very catchy.

I think Chris Cornell is one of the best poets in music today. His voice is amazing, and he uses it well. When you really listen to some of the lyrics, they are pretty amazing. Some of the lyrics are straight-forward, and some leave a bit of mystery in exactly what the lyrics mean, and what he is really talking about. His voice matches the music well. His vocal skills are really great, very unique to what many other bands are doing these days. Great vocals and lyrics.

Audioslave has only produced two albums so far, their third coming in June of 2006. I liked the feel of this CD, but I wish it has more solo's, like that of their sophmore album "Out Of Exile." I really enjoyed this album, it offers a new type of sound to the modern rock scene. Each musician's work fits perfectly into one great sound. If I lost this album, or if it was stolen, I'd still have it on my iPod, but if I did not have it recorded on my computer, I would definitly pick it up again. A definite buy, and it's worth listening to.