Audioslave review by Audioslave

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Audioslave: Audioslave

I used to love Audioslave by the time this Disc came out. This reminded me of classic RATM sounds. Big Morello's riffs, fat bass lines and Chris Cornell fits perfect in the mix. Morello's solos have that crazyness as usual, Cornell screams and the band gets high up nearly at every song. Very hard rock rhythm. Like a stone is the break of the album, separating the first songs from the rest of them. If you enjoy playing guitar or listening to it, Tom Morello performs at its best on this one, you'll love it.

The singer skills of Cornell are awesome, he gets high notes as well as lower ones, he screams, he sings softly and he does it good. It's no surprise though, everyone knew it, if you didn't, where the hell were you? The lyrics are fine I guess, don't mean anything special to me, I mean I don't remember this album by its lyrics, I guess I'm listening Morello's guitar everytime and I just forget about them. Just there are some classic lyrics out there, and I think they are not this one, this album's about its music.

I like this album, I think it starts amazing, and then starts going down. You can compare the first 4 songs with Rage Against The Machine, just from the minute you start listening. Of course Zack is missing, but Chris is there! And he adds to the music, just from a more vocal side and not a rap side like Zack did. But Cornell screams too! And he screams big! "Cochise", "Show Me How To Live", "Gasoline" are the best songs, I have no doubt about it, you can't stop listening them, the rest is a bit down compared to this start. I wish it stayed up there till the end, I think it deserved a better ending. But hey it's my opinion, judge it as you want, I like it, do not love it. If it were stolen, I'd download the first half of the album from iTunes store, the rest is meaningless for me.