Live In Cuba [DVD] review by Audioslave

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Audioslave: Live In Cuba [DVD]

First off, Audioslave Freakin' rocks. I loved watching Tom Morello nail all of his solos, he is truly amazing. This is a very special concert because Audioslave is the first ever American band to play in Cuba and they delivered. Everyone's performance was stellar.

Content — 9
Besides the concert, there is also a documentary about Audioslave playing in Cuba with some behind the scenes footage that is pretty interesting. Here is the catch though, make sure you buy the limited edition version if you can. If you can't, buy it anyway because it's still amazing but you'll miss some sweet stuff. One of my friends picked up the limited edition version and I watched some of it before getting the DVD for Christmas. I was really excited to watch their performance of the Soundgarden hit "Spoonman" that I had seen at my friend's house and looked for it first thing when I put in the DVD. Frustratingly however, I couldn't find "Spoonman" anywhere! I thought I was just stupid or something until I watched the entire concert and it really wasn't on it. I later found out that of course, there is a limited edition of the DVD (the one you want) that has "Spoonman" and "Heaven's Dead" on it as well as a bonus CD with some cool live stuff and a new song. Also among my favorites are Cochise, Your Time Has Come, Bulls On Parade (where just the band plays) and Sleep Now In The Fire.

Production Quality — 10
Production quality was good, nothing special I guess but I can't complain.

What I have to love about the concert is just the Energy that the band brings when they play and how huge it is for them to be the first American band to play in Cuba. Not to mention the fact that Tom Morello does the freaking robot while he plays the solo for Spoonman (which isn't on my DVD), yeah I said it, it's pretty sweet. Yeah if I lost it or someone stole it, I'd have to bust a cap. Of course if it were lost, maybe I could pick up the limited edition copy.