Live In Cuba [DVD] review by Audioslave

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Audioslave: Live In Cuba [DVD]

Now, the first US rock band to actually go and play in Cuba has got to have guts. Audioslave, the band with immense talent and great ideals. Audioslave's disc Live In Cuba might be ignored by the american public due to their anti-socialist but, for me this was one of the greatest live discs as far as importance is concerned. Not only will this band be known for their great music but also for who they are. There is a track played Live In Cuba from their recent record Out Of Exile called Your Time Has Come. Well, this song was played to the cuban crowd and well all I can say is it was a great sight to watch. The crowd went insane during the bridge "I've seen 50,000 names..." A great innovation from the band. This also to a certain extent spat on the political parties of the US Sublime.

Content — 9
Well, if I were to buy a DVD, the first thing I would look for would have to be the visuals. Well, this was more of their best songs put all together into one DVD. The crowd was huge, with everyone headbanging cuban style. There are a few tracks played with cuban musicians which are good but I prefer the originals. This a great DVD, it features all of Audioslave's great songs. I was there for the show and I got to say Cuba rocks!

Production Quality — 9
The production is pretty raw, but there has been a lot of editing. They tried as far as possible to keep it live, and to a certain extent they exceeded in doing so. But there is not much to say about the production. All I can say is the DVD sounds like what it should. I mean they could have edited a lot of things and could have made it sound like they are in the studio but they didn't and thats the beauty.

This is the only live performance that I've seen of Audioslave. It's a great buy for the pure reason that they are in cuba. Through, this video you can see how the capitalist politicians are feeding the world with lies of Fidel Castro being a dictator and the loss of freedom. That's all just a load of bullshit. There is such warmth and such a great atmosphere in Cuba. The best part of the DVD is their live performances of Your Time Has Come and Like A Stone, Doesn't Remind Me. This is the DVD that one might never have the opportunity to see again. A great band. A great country. A great DVD.