Live In Cuba [DVD] Review

artist: Audioslave date: 02/13/2006 category: compact discs
Audioslave: Live In Cuba [DVD]
Release Date: October 11, 2005
This filmed concert took place in 2005 in Cuba, and features a song selection that samples Soundgarden ("Spoonman" and "Black Hole Sun") as well as Audioslave ("Like Aa Stone," "I Am The Highway"). This historic event is captured on the Epic/Interscope release Live In Cuba, a DVD featuring a 30-minute documentary, live concert footage and an additional TV special on the event.
 Content: 9.3
 Production Quality: 9.7
 9.4
 9.8
 8.9
Live In Cuba [DVD] Reviewed by: Neon D-von, on january 10, 2006

Sound: First off, Audioslave Freakin' rocks. I loved watching Tom Morello nail all of his solos, he is truly amazing. This is a very special concert because Audioslave is the first ever American band to play in Cuba and they delivered. Everyone's performance was stellar. // 10

Overall Impression: What I have to love about the concert is just the Energy that the band brings when they play and how huge it is for them to be the first American band to play in Cuba. Not to mention the fact that Tom Morello does the freaking robot while he plays the solo for Spoonman (which isn't on my DVD), yeah I said it, it's pretty sweet. Yeah if I lost it or someone stole it, I'd have to bust a cap. Of course if it were lost, maybe I could pick up the limited edition copy. // 10

Live In Cuba [DVD] Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on january 11, 2006

Sound: Now, the first US rock band to actually go and play in Cuba has got to have guts. Audioslave, the band with immense talent and great ideals. Audioslave's disc Live In Cuba might be ignored by the american public due to their anti-socialist but, for me this was one of the greatest live discs as far as importance is concerned. Not only will this band be known for their great music but also for who they are. There is a track played Live In Cuba from their recent record Out Of Exile called Your Time Has Come. Well, this song was played to the cuban crowd and well all I can say is it was a great sight to watch. The crowd went insane during the bridge "I've seen 50,000 names..." A great innovation from the band. This also to a certain extent spat on the political parties of the US Sublime. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the only live performance that I've seen of Audioslave. It's a great buy for the pure reason that they are in cuba. Through, this video you can see how the capitalist politicians are feeding the world with lies of Fidel Castro being a dictator and the loss of freedom. That's all just a load of bullshit. There is such warmth and such a great atmosphere in Cuba. The best part of the DVD is their live performances of Your Time Has Come and Like A Stone, Doesn't Remind Me. This is the DVD that one might never have the opportunity to see again. A great band. A great country. A great DVD. // 10

Live In Cuba [DVD] Reviewed by: TJM2482, on february 13, 2006

Sound: Audioslave definitly nailed this concert. They played Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, and of course, Audioslave tracks. The drummer was perfect throught every song, and sounded perfect. Brad, the bassist, did a great job, and didn't mess up. Chris, the singer, did an alright job, but he isn't anything special live, I think he could have done better. And the best part, Tom Morello. Tom Morello, the guitarist, did an amazing job, hitting every riff and every solo. He handled the Soundgarden song "Spoonman" perfectly. Everything you hear in the studio albums, you hear in the show. // 10

Overall Impression: If your a fan of Audioslave, Rage, or even Soundgarden, you should check it out. It's a definite buy. It is one of the only few live shows that is as good, if not better, than the studio albums. I loved the feeling of the DVD, and the documentary, which if you watch before the actual show, it feels like your going through the experience with the band. It's amazing. If lost or stolen, I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up again. // 10

Comments