Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
Audioslave: Out of Exile

Very Audioslave. Yet, really different to the first album. "Be Yourself" and "Your Time has Come" are what you might expect from the guys, alongside "Man Or Animal," which reminded very much of the rocking "Cochise" from the first record, with Tom Morello cracking out a beast of a solo towards the end. Real Audioslave, real music. I can't argue with this.

Some of the lyrics are just fantastic (Listen to "Your Time Has Come"). They mean a lot in places, often showing their campaigning spirit (They're active supporters of Axis Of Justice). However, they're not as meaningful as everyone might expect. Mind you, no one band will write lyrics that suit one individual.

In comparison to their first record, this is much better, with Tom being more experimental with effects (Listen to the solo in "Man Or Animal," or the main riff from "#1 Zero"). Chris Cornell still has the best voice in the business, without a doubt. The best songs have to be "Be Yourself," "Man Or Animal," "Like A Stone (Live)", and "#1 Zero." You can't live without the album, I certainly couldn't. If it was stolen, I'd be straight back out to buy it again. If you say "I hate Audiogay because RATM/Soundgarden were better," get over it - that was then, this is now. And now is good.