Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
Audioslave: Out of Exile

Well what can you say really, Audioslave are back big time! This CD moves further away from the original roots so RATM/Soundgarden, which can only be a good thing in my opinion. They have created there own sound now and to be frank, id have it over Rage anyday. On Out Of Exile, Tom trys a lot of new styles to his credit, and it rally makes the CD sound soo good. His solos are top notch, especially in "Yesterday Comes Tomorrow" which I absolutely love. On the Songs, the stand outs have to be "Man Or Animal" and "#1 Zero" (Which btw, is def the Bands Tour de Force, combining a ballady song, suited perfectly to Chris' Voice with the crash bang ending which rivals any Rage material, believe me).

I am now even more convinced the Chris Cornell is the greatest singer of our time. Whether he is singly the softer songs such as "Heavens Dead" or screaming at the top of his voice, hes on top form. On the lyrics front, I think he has done yet another amazing job. Some might think that some are put there jsut to rhyme or whatever, but trust me every line has a reason for being there, even if you dont understand why! That's just Chris for you.

Overall, I think this CD is better than the brilliant first album. Any one of these songs could get to #1, if only it weren't for people buying bubblegum pop! Id rush out n buy it straight away if it were lost, and if stolen I'd probably hunt the guy who nicked it down for the rest of his life!