Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
Audioslave: Out of Exile

I sound the first time around, I loved their unique brand of hard rock. This time around, I love it even more. They must've spent the few years in between records perfecting their chemistry as a band, because they definately stepped up from how they sounded last time while still holding onto that distinctive "Audioslave" sound. Tom Morello does a lot of his avant-garde guitarplaying that we've come to know and love, as well as mixing in some old school hard rock sounds and solos that blend amazingly, and Chris Cornells vocals are astounding as always.

I've always been a fan of Cornells lyrics. Very poetic, Very cryptic, but always beautiful or emotionally stirring. His lyrics always compliment his powerful voice and blend perfectly into the mood of the song.

This is definately better than their debut effort, which happens to be one of my favorite albums. The long wait in between records was really worth it. Diehard fans will be satisfied and anybody into good hard rock with some experimental guitar, powerful vocals, beutiful melodies, and mammoth riffage will find comfort in Audioslave's amazing second effort.