Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
Audioslave: Out of Exile

The sound is great to state it simply. Since their first self-titled album Commerford's bass lines have gotten more compicated and more catchy, even though they sometimes slip back into boring bass lines but thats rare on this album. Morello is a genius to say the least. His hammer-ons and togglewithc solos, accompanied by a sort of guitar turn-table deal going on in "Drown Me Slowly," and the drums still fit every song they're played on and have great tempo.

Chris Cornell has one of the best rock voices I think, he has a powerful voice fit for the lyrics he sings, deep and meaningful. There are all kinds of messages, from self loathing "The Worm" hints of a war song in "Your Time Has Come," but overall the whole CD is uplifting and positive with songs and ballads like "Dandelion," "Doesn't Remind Me" (positive in the end), "Be Yourself" etc.

This is a non-stop record! There arn't failure tracks. I'd say 8 or 9 or maybe 10 are hit songs. The rest definately arn't fillers. Their previous album was similar, but also very different, and I think that this one will rise above its predecesor. If you put both albums together and set your CD player to shuffle you can hear that they are similar in some ways, but also distinct in many other ways. There was only one thing that I didn't like, I wanted more songs.