Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
Audioslave: Out of Exile

Firstly I just want to say this is definitely not a bad album. I was not angry with it, I still listen to it occasionally, it's just I wasn't satisfied with it. The first Audioslave album had definite flaws, but it really showed promise. It contained a couple of standout tracks such as 'Shadow On The Sun' and 'Cochise' but as a whole album seemed flawed. It just wasn't coherent which seemed reasonable with the limited period that the band worked on the album, and the friction between Cornell and the rest of the group. So I was eager to hear this album expecting it to be a classic. So why isn't it? It certainly sounds less disjointed but it still fails. It tries to hit the mainstream and seems plain and ordinary which it certainly shouldn't, considering the huge musical talent of its members.

The lyrics were pretty cool. Deep lyrics, yet one can still relate to them. The lyrics and the music matched perfectly, it was great team work. And the singer, Chris Cornell, well hes one of my favorite singers. His voice, the lyrics, the music, they all go together liek a puzzle. They are all unique and different, yet they all fit together to make a beautiful piece of art.

This is a non-stop record! There arn't failure tracks. I'd say 8 or 9 or maybe 10 are hit songs. The rest definately arn't fillers. Their previous album was similar, but also very different, and I think that this one will rise above its predecesor. If you put both albums together and set your CD player to shuffle you can hear that they are similar in some ways, but also distinct in many other ways. There was only one thing that I didn't like, I wanted more songs.