Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
Audioslave: Out of Exile

Out Of Exile is a great improvement from Audioslave's debut album, as Cornell and the musicians from Rage take their songs past verse chorus verse chorus etc. Each song builds up to the guitar solo or coda of the song, unlike their self-titled debut where songs seemingly had no planned ending (examples include "Like A Stone" and "Cochise"). Audioslave's sound is further built upon by a combination of "new" styles that the band has experimented with under Cornell's leadership in songs like "Dandelion" (a psychadelic tune) and "Heaven's Dead" where a soft and delicate guitar solo is placed between heavy guitar riffs beautifully by Tom Morello. The band makes vast improvements that make Out of Exile that much better than it's impressive predecessor.

Chris Cornell has an undeniable amount of singing talent, as he elevates his singing and songwriting in songs like "Doesn't Remind Me" and "The Worm". His leadership of the band is obvious, as his voice perfectly matches the guitar parts in each song on the album. Cornell is determined to make a point with this album, and he likely has made his point very well, due in part to his great contributions to this band.

Out Of Exile brings the guitar solo back to rock 'n' roll dominated by poppy tunes and "emo-esque" lyrical banter in songs like "Doesn't Remind Me" and "Dandelion", as well as keeping in touch with '70s rock influences throughout the entire album. This album gives everyone a reason to get excited about the future of rock 'n roll into the 21st century.

tbean1060
    I ****ing love this CD probably my most played since I bought it in August of '05 after hearing Be Yourself on TV, and went out and bought it and fell in love with Morellos style.
    con job
    The only terrible song on this was #1 Zero(annoying guitar intro anyone), and I was disappointed with Your Time Has Come. Overall, very good album, but I prefer the self-titled