Out of Exile review by Audioslave

• Released: May 24, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Audioslave: Out of Exile

The sound was nice. It was similar to their eponymous CD. There were a few songs that sounded more country-influenced, which I am not a fan of. I also didn't like Tom Morello's solos on the CD. I don't think they fit in with Audioslave music. They fit in much better with Rage Against The Machine's music and sound. So I thought the approach to the solos could have been different. They also sound very repetitive. The drums and bass and vocals are fine. No one section overpowers the others.

Cris Cornell is a good singer. He fits in well with the group. I like his voice, and he has a decent range. I like the lyrics in "Be Yourself" and "Doesn't Remind Me" especially. They flow well, and have a good message. Other than that, none of the lyrics really stand out.

This album, to me, is nothing special. I'm rather disappointed by it. I'm new to Audioslave; my friend let me borrow the CD. I wasn't expecting them to come out sounding like Rage Against The Machine or anything, but nothing really impresses me on the album. The best songs are "Be Yourself" and "Doesn't Remind Me". I didn't like the title track. Average record. If I did own a copy, I wouldn't care if I lost it or someone took it.