Revelations review by Audioslave

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
Audioslave: Revelations

As far as sound goes, this album has it all. Compared to the past audioslave CDs, this one is definately the loudest. Rick Rubin should never be alowed to enter the saem room as these guys ever again considering Brendan O'Brien (Rage Against The Machine producer) has helped them achieve without doubt, their best album to date. The riff-rocking quartet has evolved quickly over their short-lived career as audioslave, dabbing in styles of blues and soft-rock but settling in a funky rock-groove blended with some soul-full singing, at least for now. And I'm very happy.

Although the lyrics themselves arn't as catchy as the actual melodies, Chris Cornell has created yet again some very fashionable vocals over the tight picture that the ex-Rage members never failed to deliver. The album consists of mild political views which have not hurt the innocence of Audioslave's sound but gived it that certain "punch" it needed to put the skeptics in their place.

The best audioslave album yet. One of the best artist releases at this current moment too ima. Although the single "Original Fire" is easily the worst song on the album, someone decided to put it as the first single which hasn't hurt yet I suppose. I like every other song more than "Original fire". The opening track "Revelations" has a massive kick in to a driving hard rock groove that contrasts during the chorus with some sustained melody. Then we're drenched with more funky bass with "One and the same" followed by the largely controversial and anticipated "Sound Of A Gun" which makes all Rage Against The Machine fans smile, unwillingly if they have to. "Until We Fall" and "Original Fire" then hold the album's worst moment but "Broken City" get's us back on that balls-out attitude just intime for "Somedays" to make us remember how beautiful life is. "Shape Of Things To Come" and "Jewel Of The Summertime" both weren't very soft, which I thought they would be, so that left more room for good thoughts there. "Wide Awake" comes with a strange chord change pattern but still gets you tapping your toes easily. "Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye" contrasts from the closing track giving a nice build up effect of again great melody where "Moth" provides a huge, dark, apocalyptic-like end to a great album. I admit on being brief but these are all my personal opinions anyway. Reviews like this should just tell you if it's good or crap. This IS their best album. I bought it today (2nd september), listened to it once, and needed to tell everyone how good it is.