Revelations review by Audioslave

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
Audioslave: Revelations

It's been over a month since the release of Revelations, and now that the album has fully sunk in, it's time to review it. This album is a lot funkier than the others, but still has that hard edge about it. Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford are the perfect rythm section and, because they have worked together for so long, they have developed a great understanding. Tom Morello's wild guitar solos are still in place, some weirder and wackier than anything on the previous albums, but with more shredding than before. Chris Cornell, still the greatest voice in rock, although slighty more worn than before, has developed a soulfull tone to his voice, which suits the album perfectly.

Usually Chris Cornell's lyrics are awesome, and this album is no acception. Nothing left to say but goodbye and moth are, in my opinion, the best lyrics wise, apart from wide awake (the first real political Audioslave song) which is perhaps the best audioslave song of all time for lyrics. The one downside is the repetiveness of some chorus (sound of a gun, somedays and jewel of the summertime) and the randomness of some of the lyrics (somedays again). Other than this, the lyrics are awesome.

This is probably my favourite Audioslave album, as it is something you can mosh to and dance to.

StringsofBlack
    Am I the only one that was dissapointed with this album? Don't get me wrong, I love Audioslave, but all the songs sound the same. It's a generic funk riff in every song, nothing stands out. Did they even change key between songs?
    MT's #1 Fan
    UG team, I'm sure your smart and all, but you post Audioslave being more funk than hard as a bad thing. This album is by far they're greatest, maybe a little more funk, but if it's melodic I don't care what kind of music it is, stop living in the glory days, and come to now, where Audioslave's truely succeding
    lonely_girl
    i love the new album and it's super funky side! Chris Cornell is god and I love him! hehe!