Revelations review by Audioslave

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
Audioslave: Revelations

Revelations has a very interesting sound that combines funky soul with hard rock which I beleive they pulled off pretty well. It's probably harder rock than Out of Exile (good thing) but a little less hard rock than the first album, but it is much funkier than either. They made a lot of interesting and creative sounds in this album. As usual, Tom Morello brought a lot of interesting stuff to the table, along with solid bass, drums, and vocals. I like how in the CD booklet thing, it claims "All sounds made with vocals, guitar, bass and drums" which means no phony studio-added sounds. Overall, good sound.

The lyrics, I thought, were pretty good. The only weak spot is that in several songs, the chorus is one simple sentence. This tends to get a bit repetitive and slightly annoying. The band makes most of this up with good riffs solid rythm. Chris Cornell once again brings a great range of vocal talent, and brings it out well. I enjoyed a lot of songs interesting lyrics. My favorite example is in the last song "Moth", which has the lyrics, "Been burned and fallen down so many times before, I don't fly around your fire anymore". I like how they incorperate fire (their little emblem)into their songs. Overall, pretty good.

Of the three albums, this comes second on my list. I still think their first album was just incredible and will be very, very hard to beat. Out of Exile was pretty disappointing to me. The best songs, in my opinion, are "Revelations", "Original Fire", and "Moth". I really enjoy this album and it will stay in my listening rotation for some time. If this album were lost or stolen, I would buy it again, or ask for it for Christmas heheh.

con job
    This album rocks!some of the best guitar work from morello in a long time.
    tbarrettl
    A mix of Rage and Soundgarden must be an awesome force but working together as a co-operating group sounds just super.