Revelations review by Audioslave

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 1.7 Junky
Audioslave: Revelations

The band's riffs are funkier than on previous albums. Funky and Chris Cornell's voice do not mix. The musical arrangements seem a little rusty. It seems like on some of the songs they just put them together as quickly as they could. There are a couple of good songs on the album (Revelations and One And The Same), but a couple is not enough. And Original Fire is not a good song. The verse riff is like a short version of the verse riff in TNT by AC/DC. This is not the only riff rip-off they had on this album. The main riff in Shape Of Things To Come is like a longer version of the main riff in Spoonman by Soundgarden(Chris Cornell's former band). Also, if you recognize Sound Of A Gun, it was called Show Me How To Live the first time it was recorded. I don't understand how the band didn't realize how similar this song was to a song they had written themselves.

Chris Cornell is a really bad lyricist. He always has been, and he always will be. Most of his lyrics come from stupid idioms and/or make no sense. Chris Cornell's voice bothers me, and like I said earlier, it does not mix well with funky riffs. I am really more of a fan of riffs than singing and lyrics, but the singing on this album only made it worse.

I am a huge fan of Rage Against the Machine, and I do like Audioslave, but this album is truly the worst album ever created by Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, and Brad Wilk. It was a real dissapointment, and I think that the guys have really lost there sense of good music. The self-titled album was pretty good, I really enjoyed Out of Exile, but this album makes me truly ashamed of Audioslave. I'm sure they worked very hard on the album, but to me, this album should be recalled. I hope that the guys come back to their musical senses when they get back with Zack de la Rocha as RATM.

tbean1060
    MT's #1 Fan wrote: Best album yet. The first one was amazing, but it just had some flat-out bad songs. In this album, either it's really good, or it's pretty good. So it's better as an album. But thier first still has some of my all-time favorites
    Best yet my ass. This sounds like it was really rushed through the studio, I would have loved to hear the follow up but seeing as Chris ****ed that up.