Revelations review by Audioslave

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
Audioslave: Revelations

Audioslave has a real variety on this album. Some songs are just straight up rock (Revalations, Wide Awake) and some have a little bit of a disco vibe to them (Original Fire). I love the sound on this album, unlike most modern rock groups, that have that low pitch sound, Audioslave has an uplifting high pitch sound. One of the bands that I believe was one of there biggest influences, and this is just an opinion, is Aerosmith. Two songs I can compare pretty easily are Revalations and Last Child. They both start with a clean intro and then go into a repetitive, kind of punchy main riff. I like there guitar solos, sure, there not that difficult, but compared to most modern rock bands, they are extremely talented. I like how they put a different spin on there solos, for example, the Original Fire solo. It almost sounds like a turntable solo. Come to think of it, it could be a turntable solo, I don't know.

Cris Carnell does great lyric work on this album as he has done on all of both Soundgarden and Audioslaves albums. I believe Cris is one of the most talented vocalists of are time. If you don't believe me listen to Original Fire and you'll see what I mean. As I have said, I love his lyrics. The reason I love them so much is because they aren't whiney like many modern rock bands, for example, Godsmack. Cris's lyrics are usually positive and some times has that that good times feel to them.

What is my overall impression of the album? You can't beat the old school stuff, but this is as good as it gets with modern rock. Some of my favorite songs are Wide Awake, Original Fire, and my personal favorite, Revalations. If I ever lost it, I would definitly buy it again, and if you don't have it, I would advise you to do the same.

Thrall
    To the guy who wrote the last review- I'm not sure rock is for you. You might want to try listening to some rap or techno music, because I'm not sure you know how to listen to real music.
    Thrall
    Bass.Parade wrote: When i put this album in my stereo the smell of crap came out of my speakers.
    That's probably because you had to open it up to take out whatever crap you were listening to before.
    Thrall
    recliner33 wrote: The album sounds great except for original fire. I don't know why they put the worse track on the cd as the single, one of the reviewers also mentioned that. I don't think it's as good as their first album, but I have a feeling that they made the album sound more like blues and funk so they can surprise us with the next album. The next album will probably be more hard rock and will be their heaviest to date. They just put this out for change, so people won't be bitching that all their stuff sounds the same. I hope I'm right about the next album being really heavy.
    Ha ha, that's freaking hilarious! Yeah, too bad theyt broke up.
    chaoticfables
    bobbynogo wrote: Hah, i got it 2 days ago... LEGALLY! My walmart put it out early on accident
    lol Audioslave can sue them and they can come back again Good album btw
    Fox7
    Personalmente a me quest'album piaciuto! forse per non come ai precedenti ^_^
    vppark2
    remembering this album and these guys. great influence on me and what i like. just wish they kept going bc this album was just a bit disappointing for me.