Messengers review by August Burns Red

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
August Burns Red: Messengers

Just when Everyone thought that "Metal-Core" music was heading out the door August Burns Red slapped us all in the face for thinking such a childish thing. Their New Album "Messengers" Is A Fast-Paced, Heavier Then Hell, Good Ol' Fashion Metal-Core album. The Boys from ABR Are showing their amazing musical talents yet again with their 3rd album. They Introduce a new singer on this album, but don't let that change your mind, as they are just as good, if not better than they have ever been.

Although ABR Introduced a New singer on this album, it was still very well done as far as the lyrics go. At Times it sounds like All That Remains, but the lyrics fit so well with the music and the guitars, as does the singer. I am constantly amazed by their talent as a band, and their new singer I Think, has taken it to a new level. Definitely worth the wait and DEFINITELY their best album thus far in their career.

The quality of the Riffs, the Pounding of the Double-kicks, the sheer brilliance of the new vocalist, make this album unique in it's on sense, but in some areas like Mentioned above, I notice a resemblance to "The Fall Of Ideals" from All That Remains. Their complexity of the riffs, and the tone and everything, make it seem like it's nothing that's ever been heard before and make the whole album enjoyable, from the first track, to the 6 minute Epic ending of the CD. I would definitely buy this album, had I lost it, or had it stolen.

headbanger703
    UNBELIEVABLE!!! If you liked Thrill Seeker, you won'r be dissapointed. August Burns Red RULES!
    AndyVanHalen
    ABR is amazing; one of the only bands that just continues to do what they do because theyre damn good at it and just do their own thing. They didn't change their sound because they didn't need to. I'm all for bands changing the style when they need to but it seems like everyone is doing it these days just because everyone else is, which pretty much defeats the purpose of changing your sound in the first place. Chasing Victory sucks.