Messengers review by August Burns Red

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
August Burns Red: Messengers

August Burns Red returns with another phenominal album! J.B. and Brent came up with some wicked riffs and as always, Matt goes RAD on the drums. I prefer the new vocalist, Jake. his voice is somewhat easier to understand (I like to be able to get an idea of what there saying).

The lyrics were great. Jake and Jordan did a great job with their screams/growls. Another nice thing is that the lyrics were clean and that ABR is Christians. We all arn't just "head smashing, brimstone preaching, hymn singers.":) I totally recomend this album. I am a crazy hardcore fan! G-MAN...

This album in my words was better that Thrill Seekers. Maybe because they are now more experienced. My most favorite songs are: Composure, The Truth of A Liar, Redemption, and Back Burner. The words to Back Burner sent chills down my spine and Redemption showed their Christian side. If this were stolen or lost, I would buy it again and hunt down the theif.

Phe4rTheGod
    This album is very generic and repetitive...sounds like a tool album, you can never tell when one song stops and another begins...
    Sam Rulez D00d
    This album is amazing it has like a million breakdowns it makes me wanna drive my ten passenger van into a shopping mall, destroy everything, drown myself in blood and scream till my lungs burst.BTW Matt Greiner is by far the sickest drummer ever.
    tamotots
    sick drummer. the only band that could ever make breakdowns sound technical
    Nirvana00125
    I admit i hate metalcore, but august burns red and between the buried and me and 2 of my all time favorite bands. nice to know there are metalcore bands that aren't generic.
    guitarfreak222
    xXcriesinvainXx wrote: and to the guy saying you play them on guitar and there not the same listen...the dudes are doing that on purpose they dont feel the same while playing its about the sound and you say i have no guitar knowledge? i could tell you every note in every song without looking at them playing it the scale what ever you want to know they have no talent you want something different and something difficult to play on guitar? that has different keys in almost every song? that i guarantee you couldnt play if your wasting your time on shitty bands like this? go try and play some songs off of all that remains cd the fall of ideals then come talk to me about guitar knowledge learn all three of there cds and come talk to me
    It's called a riff, and I'm obliged to agree with you somewhat as most metalcore bands do sound the same but I think August Burns Red are one of the better and more listenable metalcore bands. BTW.. I hate the breakdowns too... They're so boring and overdone. Overall, I don't think these guys are that bad as there are more bands who demonstrate the repetitive nature which you had described. Albums like "Shadows are Security" are like that. No offence AILD fans but that album was shit. The Powerless Rise was amazing though. All That Remains is good but these guys are more technical IMO.
    kassnarok
    xXcriesinvainXx wrote: yeah XenititesX and FoulBodyAutopsy your absolutely. the description misleads. saying they show musical skill. that is false. they play the same rift in the same scale just with different speeds, slides, and pull offs. then directly after that, they go into a breakdown behind that riff. then they just play a drop c palm mutes in between a bunch of 4 5 8 7s. its ridiculous how unskilled bands have become and are famous. and his screaming. so monotonous maybe he should take some lessons from someone on how to change pitch or change a scream. shit blows An American Dream The Balance Eleventh Hour Vital Signs The Blinding Light Back Burner all sound exactly the same the rift just with different slides and hammerons and pull offs nothing special i will look for this album in the bargain bin cuz it will probably be there
    What? Srly? heard "Meddler" of them, its a crazy and hard song its a song that requires a lot of talent and skill