Total Brutal review by Austrian Death Machine

• Released: Jul 22, 2008
Austrian Death Machine: Total Brutal

Death metal at it's absoulte finest. When I first got the album I put it in at home and jammed it from beginning to end. The sound is so "brutal" as "arnie" would say, and it sure is. It's full of barrelling double bass roles and fast, screaming solo's with plenty of pinch harmonics to open up those eyes a little bit. These guys are badass, and they don't take themselves to serious which is cool too. The album is full of hilarious skits, it's even more entertaining than watching Pumping Iron.

The lyrics are inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies and sung by the impressive impersonator "Ahhhnold". The lyrics are simply brilliant. A metal enthusiasts wet dream. With titles like "Get to the Choppa" and "If It Bleeds We Can Kill It" it is destin to be at the very least the most most "butal" album of the year. The vocals have two dominate sounds; a lower pitched sound from arnie and a piercing high pitched vocal from guitarist Tim Lamesis. Enough to satisfy even the extremist of Death metal junkies.

Well I will say this about the album... In my opinion, in this day and age, rarely is there an album, or even a band for that matter, that even comes close to being as good as the historic musicians from the past. I would say that this album could easly rate on the top ten metal albums of the past ten years. My freinds had to pick it up after they gave it a listen. I would buy it today if I were you. "Get To The Choppa"