Total Brutal review by Austrian Death Machine

• Released: Jul 22, 2008
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Austrian Death Machine: Total Brutal

Well the sound is very modern metalcore which I'm not a fan of so my review wont be very accurate for core fans. This album is basically a big parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger with the starting track being an imitation of him. The riffs seem recycled but then you hear my favourite track (all of the songs sound the same) come on and explains the reasoning for this. There aren't really memorable songs compared to other funny bands like S.O.D. and M.O.D. but metalcore fans might enjoy this.

Well the singing I find awful but once again I'm not a fan of this genre so I can't say an accurate answer. The lyrics are trying to be funny but are just not. I was disappointed because I was expecting a more raw S.O.D. type lyrics. The lyrics do go along with the music though but if you mix poop with poop... Its still poop.

Well I have to say I was quite disappointed with this album. I saw the cover by Ed Repka in a CD store and knew that the bands Ed Repka work with are usually very good but this one wasn't at all in my opinion. There really are not any stand out tracks for this album and I just find it annoying. If I lost this album I would not be amazingly disappointed.