Autopilot Off review by Autopilot Off

• Released: Apr 23, 2002
Autopilot Off: Autopilot Off

Autopilot Off's EP album is a great introduction to the band. This CD sounds very original, they sound similar to most other modern punk bands like Greenday and Less Than Jake, but this is still a great CD. The guitars, bass, and drums sound great too. "Exit Signs" has excellent guitar riffs, "Long Way To Fall" has excellent bass, and "Nothing Frequency" has a great drums.

Chris is a great singer, he has the perfect "punk" voice. The lyrics are very typicall punk lyrics. "Long Way To Fall" is a great song, it has really catchy lyrics, it is about trusting yourself and not letting others tell you what to be. "Exit Signs" is about trying to escape from a life that you don't want to live in. "Wide Awake" is about turning to drugs to try to make your life better. Most of the songs on this CD have strong meanings behind them, but "Nothing Frequency" doesn't really have a true meaning.

If you like punk music, you won't be dissapointed. All five tracks on this CD are great. My favorite songs are "Long Way To Fall" and "Wide Awake". If you listen to bands like Greenday, Yellowcard, Less Than Jake, or Jimmy Eat World and you've never heard of Autopilot Off before than you should buy this CD, and if you like it you should get their "Make A Sound" album.

elcapitan1800
    I love this band. They are awesome, but skip the EP and pick up their full length album Make A Sound. Its good, but Make A Sound was on heavy rotation through my cd player for a long time. Hardcore punk fans maybe not so much, as is they are a little poppy/catchy. Any rock/punk fan should give it a listen, very underrated and very good. Sadly they broke up, but they made one awesome album in their time
    guitargeek
    I totally agree, Make A Sound is a fantastic album, Clockwork is one of my favourite songs of all time, one of my biggest regrets is that i never got a chance to see them live...
    takeapicture
    long way to fall was the song that got me into autopilot off. Its still proabably my favourite along with clockwork. I havent heard all the songs from the EP but im sure they are all quality just like Make a Sound with which every song is a winner. Lyrically they are an amazing band, maybe not on this but definately on make a sound. Pity they are broke up now but its cool to have experienced them while they lasted
    LetTheBassPlay
    i got to see them live on projekt revolution 04 and loved it. great band, love Make A Sound, but haven't really heard the EP. Imma have to pick it up now. and yeah, it is sad that they've broken up...
    xsv