Born Undead [DVD] Review

artist: Autopsy date: 07/04/2013 category: compact discs
Autopsy: Born Undead [DVD]
Released: Aug 27, 2012
In this DVD you can see that Autopsy are still able to pull off a great show. The sound could have been better, if you compare it to other releases of today, but the raw production really fits the ugly and nasty spirit of death metal.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8
 8.9
 8.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Born Undead [DVD] Reviewed by: DeathMetal616, on july 04, 2013

Sound: Autopsy, known as the pioneers of the death metal genre, released a really convincing live DVD. Since they broke up in 1995 no one expected them to release any material soon. With their 2010 reunion they surprised the genre fans and made a successful comeback. In this DVD you can see that they are still able to pull off a great show. The sound could have been better, if you compare it to other releases of today, but the raw production really fits the ugly and nasty spirit of death metal. It also supports the vibe of a live recording. // 7

Overall Impression: I have never come across a DVD so convincing. While watching this I really evolved a sympathy towards the band. It is amazing how everything works together, the dirty production, the death metal vibe and the energy of the band. Another great thing about this release is the amount of material you get, for such a relatively small price. I recommend this not only to all longtime fans of the gore-masters Autopsy, but also to all fans of gruesome death metal. The band made a great release with this DVD and I don't want to miss it ever again!

// 10