All Excess [DVD] review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jul 17, 2007
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Avenged Sevenfold: All Excess [DVD]

Well, If my profile hasn't given it away, I'm in love with everything about Avenged Sevenfold. This isn't going to be a very long review because, Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm just doing this so that I can see all the tabs that need approval. The sound of the DVD is absolutely immense. It shows that Avenged Sevenfold really are proffesional musicians and that they are indeed all unique at the instrument that they play. A story that is attatched to the DVD is the story of how Avenged Sevenfold started. Like, they started in high school, and each member went through various different bands before they all came together to form A7X.. I'm not gonna give anything away for people that want to see it though. City Of Evil is a really intruiging record it'self because there is just an absolutely variety of sounds heard in each different song. Some have violins, mixed in with the crash cymbols from the Rev, giving some songs a real dramatic, operatic effect, an example of this in the bridge of 'The wicked end'.. Right before 'As the prophets shedded light' The fact that Shadows can really get messages across with out having to scream the lyrics shows just how talented song writers they all are. They still keepp they're old style of rock in there too, with songs like 'Beast and the harlot', 'Bat country'.. And a kick ass song called 'Sidewinder'.. But the softer songs like 'Sieze the day' show their more affectionate side. One song definately worth listening to is 'Betrayed'.. This is a song devoted to Pantera's late lead guitarist 'Dimebad Darell' R.I.P.. The lyrics in this are absolutely immense and if I wern't such an insensetive p***k, I'd cry. This guy was their role model and they grew up listening to him, he meant a lot to them and I'm guessing the only way that they could express how they felt was through song, Well it certainely shows.

Content — 10
The DVD it'self is all about the Life of Avenged Sevenfold, what goes on behind the music. What happened before the music. Who looked out for them, and who helped them make it to fame. It isn't a live concert (See Live at the LBC) or a 'best of' compiltaion, but extras include certain songs from the Album 'City of Evil'. I was extremely satisfied when I bought the DVD and watched it, Knowing that I had definteky gotten my moneys worth.

Production Quality — 8
To be honest, the production quality really was just like any other Music DVD you would see, there was nothing special about it, but it certainly didn't look ameteur.. But then again, I don't really see why production quality should have an effect on your judgement of the band, it's out of their hands.

The most impressive thing about this DVD really, Is that you realise just how much they have all been through together, and this DVD emphasizes just how much are still al best buds. I love the fact that it tells you everything about A7X.. because I'm one of those fans who just can't seem to get enough of his favourite band and isn't satisfied until he knows everything. I don't hate anything about the DVD really. I dislike the fact that it didn; t show you a full live performance. But it does show you glimpes of performances. If the DVD was to be lost or stolen, I'd most likely hunt the guy down who stole it and tear them to pieces, because everyones knows how much I love that DVD, and A7X.. I'd buy another indefinately, because they're my favourite band and it's impossible to get bored of them. I would reccomend this even if your not a fan of A7X, it tells you a lot about them as people, Them as musicians, How they are constantly developing. it also tells you a lot about the music industry it'self. Other reccomendations: Waking The fallen (Album) Self-titled (Album) Diamonds in the rough (Album with bonus side) Live at the LBC (DVD number 2)

Avenged_Matt
    drakenshadow : this band sux anyway. they sound like a bunch of guitars with adhd.
    Die.
    PROSOLDIER202
    All you a7x haters can F**KING DIE they are the A7x is the definition of punk. No wait make that BAD ASS. You obviously dont know what good music is. A7x kicks ass x2 I have not yet seen the DVD and plan on buying it soon. I am sure it is pretty good. Everybody said that DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH wasnt good and complained how the camera was too shaky and it didnt hold a scene for more than two seconds. I liked the video alot and I didnt even notice the shaky camera. So all you haters can F**K OFF.
    m1tch4444
    I thought it was pretty good, if you wanna see live performances go to a show or look on youtube, they're not exactly hard to find.
    iljh
    Whats with all the hate? They made it very clear it was an "All Acess DOCUMENTARY" and they still gave awesome bonus stuff including live shit. It was their first DVD and it was great. Buy the LIVE IN THE LBC DVD cuz its pretty obvious what that is too lol