Avenged Sevenfold review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold

Avenged Sevenfold, Man where do I start the killer solos by Synyster Gates or the crazy hard-to-copy drum lines of The Reverend Bartholomew Plague or do I start with the almost addicting aura around all there songs? Well in the alternative music category they rank pretty high up there, but enough about glorifying them now for the review. The bands sound is something that is rarely copied, it's a certain hardness from the solos to the vocals that make A7X amazing. I could listen to all their songs over and over again and not get tired one single bit. I've tried to scrutinize the band for any mistakes but the problem is I can't find any thing wrong, from the first time I heard second heartbeat I was hooked. The album does not have any particular story to it but, there are songs that are connected such as unbound and Brompton Cocktail by the sound effect of a heartbeat. Music styles? from the looks of the album they went all out on the instruments and styles from the choir to subtle null of the violin, they've used everything. The sound is a new refined Avenged Sevenfold sound that can only be explained by listening to the album when it comes out October 30.

M. Shadows returns for the 4th time, this time with more bad-a** vocals than ever before. There is also M. Shadows girlfriend Shanna Crooks is in 3 of their songs and there is some sort of choir incorporated in most of their songs. The Music and the lyrics go hand and hand in a seamless performance of A7X. Singer skills? M. Shadows is very good but he is amazing in this one.

01. Critical Acclaim - this mix of hardcore riffs, insane drum lines, and political messages make this song easily great. 02. Almost Easy - a very typical avenged sevenfold song singing of it's almost easy to come back to him topped off with a good but not the best solo. 03. Scream - I couldn't stop listening to this song, it reminds me of a really good horror movie, But seriously this should be in a horror movie with one the best solos that Synyster has ever done: excellent hands down. 04. Afterlife - another reason why I listen to A7X, it's uniqueness from the violin at the beginning, it's makes you think of what the afterlife might be like. 05. Gunslinger - if you have ever listened to Strength of the World this will remind you of that song, it talks of the westerns saying "after all the things we do, it wont matter if I'm coming home to you" meaning of all the things we do I probably wont be coming home to you. 06. Unbound (The Wild Ride) - this song is one of my all time favorite songs because of the fast paced beat and the guitar is unbelievable, I didn't know syn could play that good! 07. Brompton Cocktail - this song just has this inexplainable aura to it with the African drums in the beginning to the violins throughout the song, this song is one of A7X best songs. 08. Lost - this song is reminiscent of city of evil with the fast paced guitar to the insane double bass it's good but could be better. 09. A Little Piece Of Heaven - this song is by far my favorite A7X song ever, it incorporates every instrument I can think of, it has to have a orchestra in it, if you don't like this song you should go play in traffic. 10. Dear God - this song just isn't avenged it's sounds more like country than anything, sure it's a good song but I didn't think avenged wanted to go that way in writing songs. I love everything about this album it's by far their best. If it was stolen or lost well I don't know what I would do except buy it again. This album is well worth the money, and if you love A7X you should buy it.