Avenged Sevenfold review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold

For being on board with Avenged Sevenfold since Sounding The Seventh Trumpet, this album (Avenged Sevenfold) was a slap in the face that the band has come a long way and has changed a lot. The new album shows it. I like the new sound personally. You don't see many bands nowadays adding some of the violins and the whole choir thing. Though many people disagree with the new sound I respect their decision to throw in new things to the music. So all in all the new sound the guys are putting out, is incredible to me and makes you curious to what the next album will be like.

Lyrically, it will impact you on a different level depending on who you are. Here's how it is... 01.Critical Acclaim: lyrics are really strong you could say. Has a very impactfull meaning to it. It kid of sets the mood for the whole album. 02.Almost Easy: very good song. The meaning to it is how we all make mistakes sometimes and some people get angry at you and they say your forgiven, but deep inside they can never forgive you. it's almost easy to say that you're forgiven. 03Scream: one of the most grooving songs on the album. The tempo is slowed down to almost to a steady heart rate. You will never find a part in that song where you don't want to bob your head. This song is about basically finding pleasure through killing in a way. But one of my favorite songs. 04.Afterlife: the best song on the album to make a long story short. Has a killer solo mixed with some string instruments. it's about someone finding themselves in the afterlife and they realize that they have to much stuff to do back on Earth and they have to find a way to get a chance to come back. Really Great Song! 05.Gunslinger: very touching song. M. Shadows (singer) dedicated it to the troops overseas as kind of a thank you for all the great things that they have done for the country. The chorus will make every hair on your arms stand up that's how strong it is lyrically. 06.Unbound (the Wild Ride): very good song and lyrics. it's kind of like a flying carpet ride as said by the band. Like a flying carpet ride on acid at Disney Land. Not one of my favorites though. 07.Brompton Cocktail: incredible song. That's all I can say. That song is stacked with different sounds even though it sounds very minimalistic. One you have to listen the hell out of before you can figure it out. 08.Lost: this song is one of my favorites. The band used an auto tuner in the chorus and it sounds insane. Gives it a poppy happy feeling to it. But it's about mankind always being obsessed with war and that's how it's been. I love the sound of this one. 09.A Little Piece Of Heaven: this song is kind of a joke. About how a man kills his wife and does whatever he wants with her. But then she comes back from the grave and kills him. Then they get married and they go on a killing rampage basically. it's a great song music wise though. 10.Dear God: this is the side of Avenged Sevenfold we have never seen before. It is a country song one that really branches out from the sound that they've done in the past. I actually fell in love with the song. it's about being away from ones you care about. And that really hit home to me. But I liked the song.

Above all incredible album and I would strongly recommend it to a real Avenged Sevenfold fan. I'm excited to see what the next album will bring to the table. My impression was I was stunned to see how much the band has changed and am highly respectful to them for risking a lot to change they're way of music and possibly music in general. I love everything about this album.

Packrockinroll4
    I love there music, but they shouldn't have stepped into politics with Critical Acclaim, I think they lost more fans than gained with that. I cannot stand the people who believe that when people who are criticizing the War in Iraq, that they are criticizing the troops. It disappoints me really that one of the bands I look up to can be so absentminded.
    lenardthepie
    this is the album that got me into the brilliant a7x and i worked my way down with them!! i love this album and all the previous stuff!! syn gates is a brilliant guitarist and so is zacky he is underrated in my opinion!!
    biscuitiis.k
    ugh...I only know one song...beast and the harlot...I don't think they're THAT great...sorry well they're ok I guess
    chrisg04
    a7x is awesome! they're my favourite band since i first heard them. this has to be their best album. afterlife, critical acclaim ,and almost easy
    blueboy14
    I think that the UG review was way to critical. This album is amazing and truly shows A7x's diversity and virtuosity on their instruments. There is not a song on this album which i skip over when listening to it... a true masterpiece
    tcelfer
    i wish people would shut up about critical acclaim being bad because it's political. Almost every band is political and it just so happens that this one is conservative. Get over it! Not everyone is liberal.
    SOADriff
    alot of people bag this album but i think its ****ing great, they experimented so much and it sounds awesome. i guess people are just close minded.
    Neekx0h
    AllTimeAcid wrote: I reacon this is their best album!
    no where close.