Avenged Sevenfold review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold

Everyone has to stop slamming the new album. Sure its not there original sound, but its still a very good sound. The guitars are roaring and melodic, the riffs are catchy, the bass is a little louder, the drums are still very good, and M Shadows voice has evolved from there previous albums. Its not their best but its pretty close. They tried something new, and they did not dissapoint. They stated that they wanted to experiment and try some new sounds, so everyone has stop saying they "sold out". They're different now and no one wants to hear the same old recycled sound on a new album.

The lyrics on this album are strong, and Matt's voice has definitely evolved from City of Evil. (By the way will someone please write a review for City of Evil?) Matt has changed his vocal range and chose odd topics to write about. Critical Acclaim has a good today's-society rant in between after the choruses, and it really makes you think if you listen to it word for word. Gunslinger is also a nice shoutout to the men and women overseas, and is also pretty catchy. Matt really stepped up on this album.

This album is very good, and a good album for first-time Avenged Sevenfold listeners. You can't go wrong with any song on this album, they are all very catchy and nice to listen too. The best songs are A Little Piece of Heaven, Afterlife, Scream, and Gunslinger. The only thing I didn't like about the album was the use of an auto-tuner in the song lost, it sounded way too different for me. But Syn's guitar is a HUGE highlight on this album. It sounds very melodic and emotional. If I ever lost this album I would replace it immediately.

SGofawesome
    thehandthatfeed wrote: man how you can give a7x such bad reviews like some did they have maybe the best guitar player with syn in the moment, a pretty good bass player, M. Shadows voice has so many faces and the drummer is also good and i one to hear one of u guys playing songs like that Everyone who thinks that a7x is bad is envy XD point and end
    just because a band is talented doesn't mean that every album is awesome by them. Example: ST. ANGER This album is mediocre, would rather take City of Evil or Waking the Fallen over this.
    legend shredder
    if this album was re released with unholy confessions, chapter 4, i wont see you tonight part 1 and seize the day, it would be the greatest rock/metal album of all time imo. i love every song.
    SIRRON_KCUHC
    There is a HUGE difference between giving an honest opinion and just insulting someone. If your just gonna sit at your keyboard and insult other bands that you don't like, then maybe you should try to do something creative...IDK like going off and learning to play like your favorite band. There will always be fans and haters of bands, and the haters have to learn to shut up. I hate the Beatles, but I'm never vocal about it. I don't tell people they suck cock because they like them. My drummers a beatles fan and we get along great. Everyone has their opinion about what sounds good and what sucks. I'm not gonna sit here and dis other bands(aka ABUSING my freedom of speech). If i didn't like something id say i didn't like it and state why i didnt ****ing like it. But im not gonna just dis it cause i hate it. Learn some respect. And this is a good album btw. Never really liked A7X til I heard this album and now this is prob my most listened to album. I love a variety of songs. I love different genres, so this was a great album. It had so many different aspects and the vocals were amazing. Go M. Shadows and Syn. R.I.P The Rev...
    Jon777
    \m/A7X\m/ wrote: PastaOfMuppets wrote: Hendrixreborn wrote: hey, just thought i'd have my 2 cents, well to start off, whoever is reviewing these albums should call it a day, i understand u love this band and cant wait to brown nose them but u cant judge an album if ur a Avenged FanBoy which u all are, except "fatwanker" who seemed to give a decent opinion given that he liked the other albums, so all of you guys and girls giving 10for sound 10for lyrics and 10for impression, are sadly mistakened with an average age of 12 years old and listen to fake metal. So next time give a REAL and In-Depth opinion of an album whether you like the band or not. ~Xx peace xX~ Who are you to judge what is fake and real metal? Granted, Avenged Sevenfold aren't an insanely heavy band or anything but its not like that should have any bearing on whether they are good or not. Remember, these reviewers (i hope) aren't rating the album on how "metal" it is but simply on how good it is an album. And it is a very good album, not a 10 (very little is) but definitely worthy of at least an 8. I like Avenged Sevenfold but I'm not a fanboy (best mate is a bit though ), they are one of those bands I listen to when I want to feel good. I dont care for their earlier stuff, there are better bands who did that kind of thing but I credit them for developing a distinctive sound. This album is tonnes better than CoE, and that was a pretty good album. absolutly right, metal doesn't have to be screaming down the mic all the time and playing chords that make it just a clump of noise, metal is better to listen to if its slightly different to the stereotype so i say well done A7X on a good album
    I'd have to agree with you. "Real" and "fake" is completely opinion, not fact. This album was okay I guess. It was certainly a huge disappointment, though. I'm hoping A7x goes back to more of a "City of Evil" sound...
    thehandthatfeed