Avenged Sevenfold review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold

The sound in this album is less heavy, more like metal with a tiny bit of pop-punk in it. A lot of the songs on this album were written by James Owen Sullivan (The Rev) I think the sound in this album is friggin' awesome, it is almost as if all their albums have a different genre hidden behind them. A lot of the album is about returning from the dead, and many of the songs feature special guests to help them.

The lyrics on this album are as usual for Avenged Sevenfold something really special. A lot of them were written by The Rev most obviously A Little Piece of Heaven, the demon of a song about A man that loves his girlfriend and proposes, but she declines for unknown reasons. Distraught with the fact that she will leave, he kills her and eats her heart as to keep a part of her with him for ever. She then comes back and kills him, eating his heart. So there love can never leave each other. Both feeling sorry, they make up and try to spend the rest of eternity in unison, but are killed by the local villagers. A lot of the song is sung by The Rev. Matt's vocals create a balance between the extreme solos and heavy meanings. A lot of the lyrics have other meanings that can only be found once studied.

It is one of their best albums, but doesn't compare with the likes of Waking the Fallen. The most impressive songs (IMO) are Critical Acclaim, Almost Easy and A Little Piece of Heaven. I love the new genre and the angle they have gone for, it is also the first album to feature The Revs singing which makes it even more special. I would defiantly buy it again if it were stolen/lost. I would never lose a piece of my beloved Avenged Sevenfold Collection.