Avenged Sevenfold review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold

Unlike the band's previous albums, "Avenged Sevenfold" has a more hard rock feel, but of course it's pure heavy metal, but not really modern heavy metal, it's more 80's-90's metal. That's what I love about this album specifically. All five of them were and still are great, and I know The Rev (the drummer) is not dead, he's just giving God some drumming lessons and he'll return some day.

Lyrics are really inspiring because they're not all about death, blood and revenge. They show things to do with politics, they are against drugs, they are against wars, they have the emotional feel when people are not home and are missed, it's about doing all you can in this life 'cause you won't get another chance. Things like that. The lyrics go great with the music. The singer, M. Shadows, well... His voice is not even a little bit close to any modern singer, and in the best way that exists. On this album, all band members sing and they all have great voices.

It reminds me in a way Iron Maiden, but I point my finger right now on what in them reminds me of Iron Maiden. The most impressive songs on the album are definitely "Critical Acclaim", "Almost Easy", "Afterlife", "A Little Piece Of Heaven" and "Dear God". There's nothing to hate in this album, it's one of the best albums I've heard in the last 5 years. I've got a copy of the album, costed me a lot 'cause it's rear edition, but if someone would steal my copy, I'd buy another, no doubt. Irreplaceable.

fathooker
    Fiddler wrote: Half the songs sound like bad Dethklok rip offs :x
    i dont see how you could have ever come up with that