City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

The sound is so much differnt than than the other two albums. But it is a good thing it seems that all band today scream, don't get me wrong I love it. but it can get a littel repetitive after awhile. And every band that dosent scream freaking suckas. Avenged Sevenfold is the only band that can pull it off right. the song "Beast And The Harlot" is very '80s metal band sound. It sounded like a mix of pantera Iron Maden Guns N' Roses and well of course A7X. The song "Burn It Down" has one of the coolest riffs and the solo is freakin sweet. Oh there is a solo in ever song that is good. "Seize The Day" shows off how good M. Shadows can sing. He dosen't sing great in all the songs but that is ok. "Strenght Of The Worls" has a western thing in the intro and outro. And "The Wicked End" has a orchestra and choir in it all and all realy good.

Lyrics at times can be a bit lacking at times and he uses the F-word to effing much to much cusing.

Overall the album is awesome if you are metal fan you gotta get this one it is one of the best albums in a while if I could give it a 4.5 I would but I can't.