City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Truly amazing, that's all I have to say about this album. This is definitely one of my favorite albums. They have such a fast and unique style, and I like M. Shadow's singing, even though he doesn't scream on this album but that's ok. It was still awesome. The Beast And The Harlot and Sidewinder had, in my opinion, the best solo's on the entire album. I also thought that The Wicked End was an amazing song, one of my fav's. Awesome style.

He doesn't scream on it, but he still has an awesome voice and I liked his singing on every song. I didn't, however, really like how he cussed quite a bit on this album. That's the only downfall I had about it. I don't mind cussing, and for a lot of bands it's ok to, but for example, I really liked how he didn't use one cuss word on "Waking The Fallen." It's nice to see a band that doesn't have to use bad words to make it sound "cool." But now that I've listened to the album over and over again, I don't mind the cussing anymore. Loved the lyrics, very strong message imo.

A7X is amazing and this album is amazing! A definitely must get. This is one of the best albums I've ever heard, and I've heard plenty of albums, great work A7X!