City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Avenged Svenfold have totally switched their music style from metal to more slow rock. It sounds totally different from their previous album Waking The Fallen. Lots of cool melodies, sweet riffs and solos. Musically I think this album is better than the previous. The Rev (drummer) has improved alot and is now one of the best drummers I'v ever heard. He uses crazy double bass alot. Synyster Gates is now Slash Jr. His solos are compairable to Slash's. I really think he is proving that he is one of the best. And is showing how much potential he has to be one of the best.

M. Shadows no longer screams, moans, groans, or yells anymore and that sucks because he was very good at it. Now his voice is kinda woosy. The lyrics on the album are cleary about negative aspects and I guess Shadows voice does fit them good.

City Of Evil is an amazing album and even with Shadows voice gone down hill he still makes good tunes. This CD is amazing Avenged Sevenfold is amazing. If your a fan of them pick it up.