City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

I think this is one of the best cds, based on just the music, that I hav ever heard. I'm a musician myself and I am definately inspired by this CD. Synester Gates has proven himself one of the best guitarists ever to me by his awesome and just amazing solos and sweet riffs, he has shown his potential to become a legend in the same league with Randy Rhodes and Angus Young in this album. The Rev has improved a lot from their last 2 albums, he has come up with crazy double bass beats along with simple single bass riffs and awesome percussion inserts to the music on songs like Sidewinder. In my opinion he is one of the best drummers I have ever heard.

Because M. Shadows bursted a blood vessel in his neck, he can't scream and moan like he did in their previous albums, I didn't like his screaming much anyway b/c it was gettin incomprehinsable. His voice has changed a little, but his voice fits the negative lyrics perfect. I think the lyrics are awsome, I like lyrics about a story or a point instead of just pretty much random things like some bands. I'm kind of a christian and I like how he puts stuff from the bible in his lyrics, stuff that is just interesting like in the beast and the harlot.

Overall, I think this is one of the best cds I hav ever heard and if I lost it or sometin I would definatly buy it again. If you like A7X, buy the CD, you'll love it as much as me.