City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Ok this is Avenged Sevenfold's third full-length album. In my opinion it's not the best one they've put out. Waking The Fallen was so much better. The guitar on this ablum is of course very amazing. The solos here are a lot better and deffinately more complicated. They're trying for a whole metal revival thing here which is good.

The lyrics were all in all just ok. They fit some of the songs. They were'nt the usual Avenged lyrics. They almost how the feel of a concept album. Shadows' vocals on this ablum in my opinion are well, not his greatest. He had throat sugery so he can't pull of what he used to. He just sounds so nasaly on this album that it's annoying.

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen were way better then this album. MIA and Strength Of The World are probobly my favorite tracks. They tried for a metal revival and in my opinion they just tried to hard. I was looking forward to this ablum for a long time and I'm said to say I'm very dissapointed. If it was lost I would wait a while to rebuy it.