City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

People call them metal, some people call them punk-metal. I call them the future of heavy metal. This CD is alot different than their other two CDs (Waking The Fallen, Sounding The Seventh Trumpet). The guitarist are the best guitarists I know. They play very well and clean. More effects on this cd than last time. There are many musical moments in this when they have the boys choir and when the have the Spaghetti western intro. Two of the band members were co-cunductors I believe. They did a sweet job and I can't forget their scintillating guitr riffs like burn it down, Bat Country and almost every song you'll find a great guitar part.

The lyrics were very good and evil like usual. It fits in so well to the style of guitar they play. The singer is way better than the last two albums because of his throat surgery he can't scream so he sings more.

Burn It Down, Bat Country and MIA are my favorite songs. Almost bought it twice. I would deffinately punch a retard, f--k a grandma and some other nasty s--t like that. Best musically inclined CD ever.