City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

One of the best CD's I've ever heard. This album is absolutely amazing. The sound quality is great and the music is even better. Synaster and Zacky are absolutely amazing guitarists who are right up there with Zepplin, Marley, and Clapton. The Rev is absolutely kick ass drummer and Shadows new and improved voice gives this album its wings to fly higher than any other. The variety of music is awesome and the the music has never lost A7X's heavy metal edge. If anything, these guys must have practice a whole lot between Wakin the Fallen and City of Evil. My favorite songs are Trashed and Scattered (which wields some godly guitar playin), Seize the Day (absolutely kick ass ballad), and MIA (really meaningful and amazingly played song). Some other great songs are Beast and the Harlot, Bat Country, and The Wicked End. If you dont like the band, thats cool, I can't change that. If you say they suck, you have absolutely no sense of great rock music. A7X forever!

The lyrics on this album are great; especially in Seize the Day and MIA. Absolutely genius. The lead singer, M. Shadows, now possess an absolutely amazing singing voice.

I love this album. I though Wakin the Fallen was a great album, but I was blown away by City of Evil. I hope A7X makes another album with the same qualities as this one. A7X rules!