City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Wow, that is all I had to say when I first listened to City Of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. Every track is totally different and the sound is just fantastic. Both guitarists Zacky Vengence and Synyster Gates are just amazing in their harmonies with each other. Synyster Gates, in my opinion, is the greatest guitarist of my generation. The guitar solos are super catchy and you can hear yourself almost humming them when you've heard them enough. The Rev is great with his double drum basses and snare-like drums.

The lyrics in City of Evil are the best that are out there rite now. Every verse just everything is different. Each song tells a story and you believe it. whether you want to or not. I can't begin to describe how meaningful they are. The lyrics are so amazingly diverse, there is no way you can learn them in less than a month. M. Shadows puts a huge amount of feeling in all of the songs, and he sounds absolutly wonderful. Just amazing.

City of Evil is the greastest CD that I have ever listened to (and I have listened to many). There is no band out there like these talented guys. They are truly bringing metal/rock back. Each song is greatly different in stlye, meaning, feeling, and texture. Some of the most impressive songs are The Beast And The Harlot, Bat Country, Strength Of The World, and MIA. There is absolutly nothing that I hate about City Of Evil. Another thing that I love is that all the songs are outrageously long, their shortest song is 4:58 while their longest song is 9:14. if anything happened to it, I would, without a doubt, buy it again, ASAP. No other band can or will beat these guys. Avenged Sevenfold is here to stay.