City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

This new Avenged Sevenfold CD City Of Evil is great. What really got me hooked is the guitar solos and their parts. Not a while ago I heard it on MTV (not TRL) the song Bat Country which when I heard I was blown away by the guitar solo by Synyster Gates lead guitarist. I'm not sure about this genre I hear it's hardcore metal I don't know forsure but this sounds album is awesome!

Well the lyrics somewhat have to do with the verse in Genesis. Genesis 4:15 says "But the Lord sais to him/Therefore whosoever slayest Cain/Vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold." Well the band's name comes from it but most of their lyrics are on that story mostly in the book of Genesis. Some of the lyrics are pointless and hard to understand I'd say myself but still the lead vocalist M. Shadows makes them sound good!

This album I'm not sure who to compare it to I listen to a lot of punk rock (Blink 182, Sum 41, Green Day) and on the other side I'm a ginat, rap, hip-hop r'n'b fan. But this album inspired me to get a guitar and learn some stuff for myself and I'm thankful for that. Some impressive songs are Bat Country, Beast And The Harlot, Sidewinder (listen to the end, it's the best ever), MIA, well all the songs are awesome these just stick out. I don't hate this album in any way it's awesome like I have said before. If this were stolen heck yes I'd go out and buy another more support for my favorite band.