City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

After the last two CD's this one deffinently changes the flow of their music, where in my case, for the better. Some of their songs are just unpredictable. One minute they will be playing some heavy-grungy sound then go to a soft ballad-like sound. After M. Shadows had a surgery he couldn't screem like he used to. This makes the CD way better. Don't get me wrong I thought they had some amazing stuff on "Waking The Fallen" CD like "Unholy Confessions." Still Synyster Gates and Zachy Vengance are by far the best pair of guitarist. They play amazing dual solos on "City Of Evil." They are my idols. They should make the cover of any guitar magizine. Iv'e tried playing some of their stuff and it is tough! The guitar work is genius with random riffs put in with the rythem guitar and face melting solos that never get old. Buy this album!

M. Shadows always make great lyrics to go along with the songs. They cover everything on this album. A song with some great lyrics is "Beast And The Harlot." Some lyrics are depressing some aren't. M. Shadows makes all of his songs kind of like cool little stories. The only part I don't like is that some lyrics can be deep and depressing.

The best thing about these guys is how well they are not being sucked into those sound-a-like mainstreem bands that all have whinny crappy voices that don't have any effort put into their songs. If I lost this CD I would definently buy it again. This album has got it all, great lyrics, amazing guitar riffs, and fantastic drumming. Buy this album!