City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Avenged Sevenfold's new sounds consists of plain softer lyrics compared to "Waking The Fallen," "Warmness On The Soul" and "Sounding The Seventh Trumpet." Instead Of Metal Core they have plain metal. The guitarists Synester Gates and Zacky Vengance have excrutiating talent that will help take Avenged Sevenfold far. The Reverand "drummer" explored his skills and found that he has real talent. Johnny Christ (bassist) has Amazing skills as shown in Their song "The Wicked End." Vocalist M. Shadows is my idol, he shows that hes not afraid to speak his mind. Since his throat sugery for internal bleeding he takes the role of a softer singer compared to the growling and intense Screaming of the older days. Warner Bros. Records made a good Decision signing Avenged Sevenfold to their colorful roster.

It really depends on your intrests for this. If you like talk about suicide, death, despair, hell or the apocalypse, this is the band for you. Its a "Spit In Your face" attitude that keeps Avenged Sevenfold going. Their songs flow into one another. From beast and the harlot to burn it down, The Lyrics are all around good. M. Shadows Singing Skills Will bring him far on his "Quest For World Domination." I wish him and the guys the best of luck.

I Expected City of Evil to be another Nickelback album after I heard Seize the day, but they have a huge variety. From M. I. A to Strength Of The World, they mop the floor with ALL competition. If my "City Of Evil" Was Stolen or Lost I would buy it again, and buy it a second time to make sure I keep it this time. The most impressive song on the album would be Bat Country, it sounds different but so catchy. I love every single song off this album, no questions asked.