City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

The album starts off with a theatrical sounding guitar lick, the intro to "Beast And The Harlot" which is one of the best tracks on the album. This A7X album is different to there previous albums because there is little screaming, where as on the othere's there are. The main thing about this album is the guitar solos, they are awesome!

The lyrics on this album are very good, some of the best being in the final song of the album M.I.A ("Walk the city lonely, memories that haunt are passing by, A murderer walks your streets tonight, Forgive me for my crimes"). The singer, M Shadows has a distinctive voice, but he had to give up screaming for this album as it was doing damage to his vocal chords.

A few of the most impressive tracks from this album are "Beast and the Harlot," "Bat Country" (has amazing guitar work on it), "Sidewinder" (has spanish guitar solo at the end), "Seize the Day" and "M.I.A". I love this album for it's guitar solos and lyrics, however the tracks are very long. If this album was stole the would be only 1 thing I could do, hunt down the dude who stole it and steal it back!