City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Avenged Sevenfold has created a new and very different sound in City Of Evil. Their vocalist M. Shadows has one of the most unique voices in the rock music industry. The guitarists Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance create great harmonized guitar riffs and solos that really show their skill and range. From driving rythims to great acoustic and great solos their guitarists do it all in this album. Last I would like to say they've got one of the best drummers filling out the songs with lightning fast rythims.

Overall the lyrics in their music lack depth. I like it but the fact is it's not deep. Some of the song lyrics are really good but not all of them. They do have one exception to this which is Seize the Day, this song has great lyrics and it's really deep. Though most of the lyrics aren't great their singer is still amazing giving the bands music an added unique sound. I like deep music but sometimes some hard driving dark music is good too.

Avenged Sevenfold doesn't compare to any other artists they are unique. The most impressive songs to me are Strength of the World, Seize the Day, M.I.A., and Betrayed. This album is new and unique. Try if you want something new. If it were lost or stolen I would do whatever I could to replace it.