City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

ok I think avenged sevenfold is an incredibly great band, I meen seriously, they made so many hit songs on one album, and the solos are incredible! I meen the solo on bat coutry isnt all that difficult if you seriously look at it, but how fast and flawlessly they have it on the CD, it's great. Overall the one song that caught my eye was bat country, they could never have picked a better sound to go with that song. The riffs, solos, all of it, it's beutiful. And another thing you can always count on from A7X I a good concert. Every concert I have seen for city of evil has been amazing, they play the best parts, and even add to it a bit live. And who hasn't seen there moves on stage, classic, but still it's a great show to watch. If I had to rate it I would easily give it a 9. Only reason I wouldn't give a 10 is because of the song "burn it down". I felt it was a complete dulling factor for the album. But I meen you have to give them credit. Having a perfect album dosnt happen very often. Thanks for reading my review for city of evil by avenged sevenfold

The lyrics for this album are great. They blend perfectly together, both harmonicly, but also passionetly. They put soo much enfesis on what is the point of the song, and what is the backround. It sounds great when you listen to the words also because they make sense. a lot of songs out are basically about nothing. Take sieze the day for example. If you listen, it tells a hole story line. Anyways for lyrics I would give it a 9 also. Again I didn't feel any amotion or dramatic effect in burn it down. The song reminded me of the having to put a quick song on the album so it could be shipped out on time. Thanks for reading my lyrics review for city of evil by Avenged Sevenfold.

If I had to compare it between any other albums they made this would definitly top the others by a mile. As I've said in the past, there is a ton of dramatic affects, solos, and melody, I'm not saying there other albums aren't good but this one was definitly a carreer maker for them. It has every element of musical talent I have looked for when classifiying music. The other albums where good. But they lacked as much passion and suspence. You always no who is doin the solo just from listening. Sinister is an incredible guitarist in this album. He really sored to a new hight on all the solos, and just over all playing. In the other albums you could always count on a solo, but in city of evil, he ripped it soo hard. I just sat there staring the first time I heard it. Overall I give the album a 9. If anyone looks at this I definatly recomend you by the album.