City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

Avenged Sevenfold have released their third full-length album which is also their mainstream breakthrough record. Avenged Sevenfold have really out done themselves with this record and I just hope that they will be able to duplicate the success with the next one.

I'm think that the band did some very good writing, but some lyrics are taken from other writings such as the Book of Revelations. I still think that the words are put together in perfect form though. M. Shadows has strayed away from his screaming roots, but I don't find that as any kind of loss. I personally dislike screaming and prefer singing. He does some great work with putting together melodies and incorporating distortion into his vocals.

I highly recommend picking this album up, because the guitars are amazing, the drums are outstanding and the vocals are crazy good. I think there are a lot of great songs on this album that should have gotten more credit, but the singles include Beast And The Harlot, Bat Country and Seize The Day. I think that songs such as Strength of the World should have gotten more credit, because it sounds unique and as if it has been worked very hard on. So, I really recommend picking this peice of art up for your personal compact disc collection.

frusciante_50
    "It's so sad to see how such a great band with such great songwriting skills could turn into the generic MTV band. They used to be unique now they just aren't" "HIM%(^" who admits in this article to being a huge Metallica fan, is accusing A7X of selling out! Btw I'm not having a go at Metallica (I also love them) but Jesus can you get more hypocritical!? Leave A7X alone, this is a good album!
    rokknrollldude
    AV7X is not screaming satan-worshipping stuff that people think it is.....their music has a message....M.I.A is a great anti-war song