City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

This is my first and only Avenged Sevenfold album I have purchased and I definetly wasn't disappointed. Through the idiotic stage names and the horrible live performances, this album honestly is not a blow off album I was expecting. I was originally going to buy this album for just Beast and the Harlot because I heard that song and became immediatly obsessed. So I went out and bought it and there were some way better songs on there like Sidewinder, Bat Country, Seize The Day, and my personal favorite, MIA.

M. Shadows is probably the most talented vocalist of his genre currently because I've never seen anyone sing the way he does, it's absolutely amazing. He is also an amazing lyricists and the lyrics in MIA are probably some of my favorite of all time. This is one of the stronger points of an album.

Don't expect the best album ever if you bought this, it's defenitly not the best ever. I suggest just buying those five songs off itunes or something because the rest of the songs on there are amazingly boring. The best songs on the album (and the ones you should buy) are: Beast And The Harlot, Bat Country, Seize The Day, Sidewinder, MIA. I love the singing and great guitar playing by Synyster Gates. I don't like how they have some really good songs and the rest of them suck. If it were stolen I really don't care, I have the songs on my media player and it's not worth the money.