City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

The sound of City of Evil was probably one of the best from A7X so far. Syn and Zacky V's guitar work was phenominal on this album. Beast and The Harlot, Burn It Down, and Bat Country all have catchy riff's and solo's you can hum along to. The Rev laid down some of the best beats ever on this record. M. Shadows completely blew my mind with the lyrics. Last but certainly not least, Johnny Christ with the bass. Johnny puts the energy into the songs.

As most people say M. Shadows hurt his voice and can't do all the screaming anymore. Well M. Shadows can certainly still scream. As for the new sound on the this record, I think it's an awesome way to go. The lyrics are great and some people can relate to some of them. Shadows voice does sound a bit wierd at first but you'll eventually get used to at. I hated how he sounded at first but it grew on me.

This album, by far, is the best of all the albums I've heard from A7X. The most impressive songs on this album have to be Burn It Down, Blinded In Chains, and Sieze The Day. The guitar work, the vocals, the bass, and drums all come together. Each part of these songs goes great with each other. If this CD was taken, I would replace it in a second.

"GUN"
    I Think A7X is the new generation of metal! they have talented musican's all around all of them can play there shit!! and they aint faking it like some of the other bands are out there!