City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

The bands sound has definately changed from Waking the Fallen to City of Evil but if your a die hard A7X fan you'll probably like this one.The first thing most people will notice if you got waking the fallen or have this CD is, what the hell no screaming vocals! this CD has almost no screaming in it besides intro screaming but that's about it. Also the Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates have a lot more complicated solos in it which I think everyone will like, the Revs drumming is more in a thrash style kind of like Slipknot, as I said before M.Shadows vocals have changed to singing instead of screaming which I had no problems with but some people might, so overall the CD sounds great.

The lyrics are great and fit right in with the guitars and drumming of the band and it also fits there style. I think the Best lyrics on the album is Beast and the Harlot, it's about the fall of Babylon and how the queen of Babylon was a whore or something and made the empire of Babylon fall, also I think M.I.A has great lyrics with a great meaning behind it, it's song written about the stories M.Shadows friend would tell him about when he was in Iraq, it's a very well written song.

This CD isn't as good as WTF but it's not bad, the best songs on the CD are Beast and the Harlot, Burn It Down, Bat Country, Seize the Day, and M.I.A. I hate that on this CD there is no screaming which sucks but it kinda fits the music better, the things I love the best is the Revs new drumming style and there is a lot more guitar solos which really show off the talent of Syn Gates and Zacky V. If this album were lost or stolon I would definately buy it again.