City of Evil review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 21, 2007
  • Users' score: 8.5 (1,117 votes)
Avenged Sevenfold: City of Evil

This album I found to be quite entertaining. Almost every song on this album was great. It had more of a fast demonic beat through every song. I found that the first song was deffinetly an attention grabber which is actually a very famous song now. (Beast and the Harlot) I did however notice that most of the songs had a lot of the same qualities, but then I noticed... ITS Avenged Sevenfold! Its gonna sound like Avenged Sevenfold!

Most of the Lyrics were quite beautifly put. Though I must admit this is not an album for a Pentacostal... Its got quite a few biblical refrences that would make a preacher cry, but thats just what we want. The lyrics went pefectly with the rest of the song as most of the drums and guitar were absolute destruction (in a good way) the lyrics were there to paint the beautiful picture of absolute chaos into your mind, which they did good at. The singer's talent was great to! There were pleanty of parts where I was stunned just by the singer's talent alone. I must admit the song I liked the vocals in best is Seize The Day.

Well its deffinetly my favorite A7X album, but as far as what does it compare to? Well I don't know many albums that had every song worth listening to, but if I had to pick one... I would say it was about as good as Metallica's Black album. The most immpresssive songs in the album were Beast and the Harlot, Bat Country, Strength of the World, Blinded In Chains, Burn it Down, and Seize the Day. What I loved about it... The guitar was mindblowing throughout the whole album, as were the drums! Altoghether the album was a complete perfection.

Stuz
    I think this is the last real a7x record, actually I really enjoy this one but avenged sevenfold & nightmare are just too pop-soundish for me; this one has great guitar moments and also shows their skills in writing songs